Tuesday 6 November 2012

Knowing Me, Knowing You Meme


The purpose of this meme was to bring bloggers together, to learn about the person behind the computer screen. (I love things like this!)
The Rules:
  • Nominate five other blogs in your post ( All must have less than 250 subscribers)
  • Post five random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the five questions that the “tagger” has asked you, and then list your own five questions to ask others.
  • Let your five friends know you have tagged them by commenting on there blog/tweeting them.

My Five Random Facts
1. I went to Kenya on safari for my honeymoon and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I would love to take Megan and Ben when they are old enough.

2. I hate horror films. I really can't watch them as my overactive imagination completely takes over and then I can't sleep!

3. I have two tattoos, one on each foot. They are my childrens names and are written in a style so they look like symbols and can only be read if I pointed out the letters. I love them and would like one more, maybe at the bottom of my back.

4. I love Tom Cruise in everything and anything. 

5. I love reading. I don't get a chance to read as much now but still love a good book, mainly chick lit as it doesn't require too much brain power. I am hoping Megan and Ben will both develop into avid readers.

I was asked to answer the following questions.
Is there a moment in your life which was utterly life changing? 

Aside from the obvious, the birth of my children, I think it could be the day I started teaching my first class (year 1) and I realised what a privilege it was to be shaping those young minds and what a huge resposibility it was.

What was the first single you ever bought? 

Vanilla Ice - Ice, Ice Baby. I loved it and remember playing it over and over again on my parents record player. Much to their delight, I'm sure!

Why did you start to blog?

I just wanted to have some kind of record of my childrens lives. I had read other blogs for a while and wanted to take the plunge myself but wasn't sure where to start. After a bit of research I was away! I hope the children will enjoy looking back on it when they are older. I wish I had started 7 years ago when Megan was born.

Would you rather be happy and poor or sad but rich? 

Without a doubt, happy and poor, which is a good job really!

What is your favourite film and what do you think that says about you? 

Dirty Dancing. I have watched it far too many times to count and probably know every word! I saw the stage show last year and really enjoyed it, although I didn't think it was as good as the film.
I think it just says I am a big romantic and a sucker for a happy ending! Plus Patrick Swayze was sooo gorgeous in it!


My questions are:

1. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
2. What were you doing when you were 21 years old? (Job, lifestyle etc)
3. Where is your favourite place to go on holiday?
4. Are you addicted to anything, and if you are, what?
5. If you won a 2 million pounds on the lottery, what would be your top 3 purchases?

Thanks to http://mumtales.wordpress.com/  for tagging me! I have really enjoyed this.
 Hope to read more about everyone soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment