Friday 30 November 2012

Megan's Advent Candle Wreath

At Brownies last night, Megan made this advent candle wreath, which I think is brilliant. She is so very clever. The candle has got numbers on it so you can burn a little bit each day in preparation for Christmas.
The wreath itself has got leaves, berries, presents and twisty wire on it.
When we were in the car on the way home, Megan was telling me how she had made it and I told her that Nana Betty used to make Christmas arrangements very similar, for family, friends and church and I can remember my mum having an arrangement on the hall table every Christmas.
Megan liked the fact that she is being creative, just like Nana Betty!
This is going to be one of these special Christmas things that will get packed away and brought out every year.
I am so very proud of my girl, who is creative and clever and getting more grown up every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment