Wednesday 22 May 2013

Megan's First Holy Communion


On Saturday 18th May 2013 at 12.00pm, Megan made her First Holy Communion. She looked absolutely gorgeous and was so grown up and sensible throughout the whole service. I was so proud of her.


I introduced the mass with a short reading, which I am so pleased was at the start of the mass as I was a bit nervous. The mass was really geared towards the children and Father Ned made a real effort to include the children and even called them all up to the alter together to talk to them about their special day and how very  special they were to their families and to God.

                          

                          

After the mass, we came back to our house, where we were joined by our family, Megan's Godparents and close friends. We played party games, had pizza, salad and garlic bread and a beautiful Princess cake for my Princess.



Pass the parcel.





The weather brightened up a bit so all the children went outside for a bit of a run around and to burn off the sugar overload!



We had a fantastically special day and I am sure that it is one we will all remember and cherish.



No comments:

Post a Comment